In 1900, George Unsworth built his first greenhouse here at the corner of Unsworth Avenue and Plains Road. Over the decades, the business expanded to six greenhouses. George’s son Albert eventually joined the business, proudly displaying the company name, “Unsworth and Sons” on the front of the main boiler building off Plains Road. The family business boomed for many years, producing a variety of vegetables, most notably, outstanding tomatoes and flowers. Albert eventually retired in 1970 and passed the business along to his children. The property eventually sold in the 1990’s to a housing developer. Retirement residences now occupy former greenhouse land, but the name and building at the front of the property still remain.