The Oliver plant opened its doors in 1910, producing the patented, “chilled plow”, the blade of the plow was made from chilled, extremely durable cast iron. The Oliver plant was the initial project for the firm’s architects, Prack and Perrine. They were also responsible for the design of a number of Hamilton’s other industrial buildings including Standard Underground Cable, Canadian Westinghouse and Dofasco. Nine years after production began, Oliver Chilled Plow was absorbed by the newly expanded Harvester International. Harvester continued production as usual but changed the name of the company to the International Plow Company of Canada. It wasn’t until the mid-1920’s that Harvester converted several of Oliver’s original buildings to Twine Mills.
Source: Hamilton Industrial Trail