The lands of LaSalle Park were originally owned by Alex Brown, an agent for the North Western Fur Trades Company and builder of the famous, Brown’s Warf. In the early part of the 20th century, the City of Hamilton purchased 57ac from Mr. Brown for a community park. The park named “Wabasso” quickly became the epicenter for community entertainment all throughout Harbour and neighbouring cities. The park changed its name to “LaSalle” in 1926 and acquired a small on-site amusement park in 1928. Today, LaSalle Park is acres of green space, pools, playgrounds, a pavilion, sports fields and picnic areas. The LaSalle Park pavilion is a community landmark. It was originally built in 1917 when community entertainment was at its zenith, but unfortunately burnt down in 1997 and later rebuilt. The park also hosts a beautiful marina with boat slips for 219 vessels. The Burlington Sailing and Boating Club operates out of the park. For more information click here.