From 1952-1959 one of the most familiar ships in the Harbour was the popular Lady Hamilton. Once a U.S. Coast Guard training ship, the vessel was purchased for $100,000 and converted into a cruise ship for tourists. During the summer months, Hamiltonians could jump aboard the ship or rent it privately for service to Toronto and Port Dalhousie. Unfortunately, after less than a decade of service, the cruises ceased and the ship was sold to Stelco as scrap in 1962.
Photo Credit: Hamilton Public Library Archives