The Grand Trunk Railway was a historic rail station located at the intersection of Caroline Street North and Stuart Street. Built in 1875, the station supported Hamilton’s growing economy and population. In 1885, efforts were made to beautify the station by adding ornamental gardens to the grounds. The city’s name was spelled out on a southern embankment along the station to notify passengers what city they were entering.
Photo Credit: Hamilton Public Library Archives