This cold-water creek was once home to the Crook’s Hollow Dam. The Dam was constructed in 1916 to supply water to the community of Dundas, then from 1959-2001, was a source of water for irrigation for the Dundas Valley Golf and Curling Club.
In 2001, the HCA took ownership of this land and over the years conducted several dam condition assessments. Based on results from a 2005 study, the HCA initiated an environmental assessment and concluded the dam should be removed to eliminate operating and maintenance costs and enhance environmental conditions.
Construction began in February, 2012 and was completed in May, 2012. A total of 350m of stream was restored, three wetlands created and fish passage re-established.